Don't Call It a Comeback

I've been here for years...but not really keeping up with blog life. So actually, yes, let's call it a comeback of sorts. The world and the internet landscape has changed so much in the years since I last posted my musings on suburban life and style. Now it is all about Instagram and TikTok influencers and probably other platforms that I'm too old to be aware of, but for better or worse that is not a lane in which I want to be anyway.

I've definitely aged out of the wanting to contribute to trends and challenges. However, I haven't grown out of my penchant for all things pretty and cool, and that's what we're going to talk about here! One of the best things I've come to learn over years of helping women find (or rediscover) their personal style is that the ones in their midlives are the most confident of all. Sometimes they just need a gentle push to allow themselves the time and energy that they've spent the better part of their lives investing in their families and careers. My hope is that this blog will be a place where you can stop in to give yourself a time-out, and maybe pick up some styling ideas or some beauty tips along the way. It's no fun to keep all the good stuff to yourself, so let's share!

Starting with my top beauty tip: not for the squeamish...snail mucin. Really. Don't knock it till you try it. It soothes sensitive skin, it brightens, and some say it has anti-ageing properties. I use it, and my teenagers use it (after the initial gagging stage), and we all agree that it works. I buy it on Amazon, but it's widely available on Kbeauty sites and places like Ulta. 

Apologies if this post finds you right before a meal, but we all know you're placing at least one Amazon order this week. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a this slimy spa experience, and don't forget to report back to us here at Suburban Editorial! 



Comments

Popular Posts