Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Mom? Is That You?

I have a strong childhood memory of two distinct pairs of shoes owned by my mother that I liked to play dress up with when I was a kid. The first was actually a pair of burgundy knee-high boot with a stacked chunky heel. I thought that there was nothing more glamorous at the time (which admittedly, was the late 70's/early 80's, so judge me not!).
The other pair were the ubiquitous Dr. Scholl's sandals, the kind with the wooden sole and shiny buckle on top. I would clomp around the house in those suckers for hours, wishing for a pair in my own size. I can still hear the sound they made on the hardwood floors.
Fast forward to today, when I spotted these. I don't know if it's nostalgia or the fact that 70's style influence is still going strong, but..I think I'm into them. They definitely pair well with a wider pant leg and a midi or mini-length skirt. I like the minimalist vibe, although if I was going to pull the trigger I think I'd just go back to the original (sold at Nordstrom, who knew?!).
Just don't tell my mom how much they cost nowadays - something tells me that $90 in the late 70's might get you more than one pair.Mom? Is That You?


No comments:

Post a Comment