Thursday, February 18, 2016

Ankle Biting

One wardrobe item I generally recommend to all of my clients is a fitted, ankle-cropped pant. (NOT capri pants, I repeat, NOT CAPRI PANTS).
It's a silhouette that is not only flattering on all body types, it can also carry many different types of looks. Paired with a simple striped tee and flats, it's Left-Bank chic:
 
with a turtleneck and ankle boots, it's minimalist cool:
 
with a blazer and some Stan Smiths, it's sexy tomboy:
And I dare you to show me the woman who won't look and feel great in the classic combination of a skinny black ankle-grazers and a pointy black pump:
 You can wear anything on top and still look like a million bucks.
A new-ish update on this fail-safe shape is the ankle flare. With the same lean fit through the hips and legs, but with a kicky little flare at the bottom, it's like the cute little sister to the cool big sister. It works as a great transition piece too, and will show off those fab new spring shoes and sandals that that we're all anxious to put to good use. I've shown you looks in black, above, but white is always right in my book as well. The trousers featured below would be a nice place to start, as they are currently on major sale!Ankle Biting


No comments:

Post a Comment