Wednesday, February 4, 2015

This Old Heart of Mine

Valentine's Day used to get nothing but a major side-eye from me, despite the fact that I have been quite lucky in the love department. I just always regarded it as a fabricated holiday, and I happened to agree with those who state that every day should be a day you show your appreciation for those you love.
And while all of that is still true, the fact is that most people - myself included - could use a little reminder to stop and tell their loved ones that they are indeed loved. I think the older I get, the more I appreciate not just love alone, but all the different types of love in my life that I have been fortunate to experience. Spouses, children, parents, siblings, friends, even a beloved pet are what elevate an existence into a life worth living. So if you have someone who lights up when you walk into the room, then I say that is worth celebrating with all your heart.
I'm still not partial to grandiose displays of affection (please keep me off the Jumbotron, thanks), but a sweet, subtle little trinket like the delicate Tiny Tags heart charm below would certainly help warm this cold dark heart of mine.This Old Heart of Mine


No comments:

Post a Comment