Thursday, January 8, 2015

Fake It Till You Make It...and Other Good Stuff

Fake It Till You Make It...and Other Good Stuff


I have pale skin.
Not in a peaches-and-cream, blooming-English-rose kind of way, but in more of a pasty, "eww, I hope I don't catch what she has" kind of way. In cold weather I actually do get a bit of color in my face, if a red nose counts for anything. Combined with dark hair and eyes, and an omnipresent purple shadow beneath my eyes, it is actually an excellent way to be confused for an extra on The Living Dead.

Apply the eye roller first, and let the brightener sit under your eyes for a few seconds while you apply the cheek tint. Put two tiny drops of the cheek tint on the outer edge of your cheek, and use the stippling brush to quickly blend in (it dries very fast!). Then pat the under eye brightener in, and you might not need that second cup of coffee. SO easy, and I timed myself this morning - it took me all of 42 seconds! Maybe you will have time for that second cup of coffee after all.

Some other things I'm loving this week: hot yoga, a nightcap of hot chocolate and Salted Caramel Baileys, Amy Poehler's Yes Please, and Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk.  Am I the only one who immediately starts choreographing dance moves in my head when that song comes on in the car? I can't be the only one obsessed with this song, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment