Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kimono yes

My inner bohemian doesn't often come out. I usually gravitate toward a little more structure and what (I hope) is a somewhat more ladylike vibe. Until, of course, a taste of summer comes along and tempts the hippie chick that's been bundled up for months and months.
 Lately I've been loving the array of kimono options that have been cropping up; something about the laid-back yet luxurious statement is so appealing. Better yet, they are SO comfortable, and can be super flattering. The key is to really dial it down a notch on accessories and keep the rest of the outfit simple. No Coachella head wraps, no bell bottoms, nothing that screams "costume".
I find that it is much more wearable in a low-hip to mid-thigh fit...and it can be thrown over anything from a bathing suit, to cutoffs, to white denim, to a sleek evening ensemble! Here are a few of my favorites:


Kimono yes

No comments:

Post a Comment